MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

Civil War - General
MA MA USA
Civil War Virtual Reality
1/16/2022 5:07:12 PM
I thought this was interesting, my only criticisms are I thought the Confederate uniforms should be more dirty and I dont think a soldier would risk his rifle but getting shot off by trying to lure a sniper and may use a stick or something instead. Use the arrow bars in the left corner of the video to get more of a panoramic view.

[Read More]

vpatrick
----------------------------------
nuts
Phil Andrade
London  UK
1/16/2022 5:33:19 PM
Didn't they use their ramrods as lures ?

So I've seen in the sketches of fighting at Spotsylvania.

Thanks for that Vince : it's a rather good evocation.

Regards, Phil
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes
Phil Andrade
London  UK
1/18/2022 3:55:44 AM
Vince,

What do you make of the episode regarding the patrol, when we see the Confederate Major, with his slave in tow ? Not a fashionable depiction, to show a black man acting the part of a slave in confederate uniform, serving in the front line trenches, alongside his owner.

Prevailing interpretation of the past doesn't like that kind of thing !

You'll see any number of screen vignettes showing black soldiers in blue uniform, fighting for their freedom : it doesn't sit well with that outlook to pitch an alternative scene.

A refreshing development, I think.

Regards, Phil
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes
Lightning
Glasgow  UK
1/20/2022 4:17:47 AM
This is outstanding. I'm considering buying one of those cheap VR sets just so I can experience it without losing the immersion by clicking on arrows.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Colin
"There is no course open to us but to fight it out. Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight to the end."
Isaac C Bishop
New England  USA
6/14/2022 11:38:51 AM
I thought this would be a virtual reality game. Now that would be awesome.

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC