MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(2000-Pres) Current Day Military talk (No Partisan Politics)
Atlanta GA USA
Sinking of the Cruiser Moskva: History, Importance, Consequences
5/28/2022 11:01:45 PM
One of my favorite YouTube channels is "Kings and Generals". Their videos are well-researched and great graphics. And they have almost daily videos.

The latest is a really interesting history of the the cruiser Moskva.

[Read More]
----------------------------------
"Take it easy. But take it" - Tom Morello's mom.
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
5/29/2022 7:46:51 AM
Like it too.

Trevor
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.
Brian Grafton
Victoria BC Canada
5/30/2022 10:09:33 PM
Brian W, Trevor;

I don’t follow this site. And I’m less than impressed.

It may be an age thing, to be honest: the graphics, though pretty impressive, make me feel as if I’m getting feed from a video game. And however good that gets, it ain’t reality.

I would be happier with some solid text, some comparative data and some images, whether stills or graphs.

I feel impelled to say that I was more interested in the various assessments made both about the Moskva’s role, what it’s loss means, and the assessment of its loss in the War for Ukraine.

Cheers
Brian G
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly. "The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.
GaryNJ
Cumberland NJ USA
5/31/2022 5:44:58 PM
I like this as one of my sources. His name is H. I. Sutton and he uses OSINT (Open Source Intelligence).

Here is his You Tube video on the Moskva from mid-April.
[Read More]

His website.
[Read More]

His twitter.
[Read More]

Gary
Brian Grafton
Victoria BC Canada
5/31/2022 8:24:36 PM
Gary, thanks for those links. I’ve only had time for the YouTube so far, but it works far more effectively for me than did the one that Brian W offered. As I mentioned before, I think it’s an age thing; I seem to respond to the human voice and manipulated stills more sensibly than to artificial voices and constantly shifting animation.

At any rate, I learned much more about Moskva and her capabilities (both offensive and defensive) from Sutton than the other video, though Brian W’s may have given a more nuanced context for understanding what the loss might mean to Russia.

Cheers,
Brian G
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly. "The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.
Brian W
Atlanta GA USA
6/1/2022 9:23:58 PM
Geez Brian. Do you never not complain? Sorry you got bedazzled by the graphics and couldn't listen to the words being said.
Comparative data of what? It talks about the history of the Moskva. It talks about what it did before and how important it was and how symbolic it was and why its sinking was so important. I didn't know the history of it and I thought I'd share it with others who also might not know about it also.
Brian Grafton
Victoria BC Canada
6/2/2022 7:34:52 PM
Gee willikers, Brian W. While it’s true that my closest friends call me “bitchin’ Brian” all the time, they usually do so in the relative quiet of a pub. LOL

In the interests of clarity, I don’t never not complain.

In the interests of charity, I think I gave your link a fair assessment, for me. That’s not a complaint. And I did mention in response to Gary’s link that I found it much more effective, for me. I also suggested it might be an age issue. I didn’t suggest it was unworthy of being linked to MHO; I suggested it didn’t work for me. The first would be a complaint, or at the very least an insult to the poster; the second is an explanation of why I felt it didn’t work for me. But who’s complaining?

I admit I do have a Pollyanna outfit tucked away somewhere. Maybe every once in a while I’ll put it on before I offer a post on a topic of some interest. Pollyanna was always kind, good, open and virtuous.You’ll know when I’m in that frame of mind because – just as Little Orphan Annie used “leaping lizard” when she had nothing to say – I’ll sign off with a “gee willikers”!

Gee willikers
BB

PS: Can you give me a hint about what happened to the reply to your comment I posted late last night?
Brian W
Atlanta GA USA
6/2/2022 11:33:28 PM
Hi Brian, I haven't deleted any replies to any post. I can't even remember when I've had to delete a post the last time. It's definitely been several months, if even that soon ago.
I just looked in the database and there are no extra posts in this thread. I definitely didn't delete anything.

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC