MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(2000-Pres) Current Day Military talk (No Partisan Politics)
MA MA USA
Boris Johnson goes to Kyiv
4/9/2022 5:04:42 PM
Im not sure if this will be viewed as unbelievably brave or as unbelievably stupid. If a missile was trained or just happened to hit Boris Johnson by the Russians in Kyiv this may esculate further to a possible nuclear exchange if Boris was killed or seemed targeted. Im emotional kind of person and take my opinion for what it is but bravo, I think this shows Russia and the Ukrainians and world that the west is not retreating and that a leader of a major western power will risk it all and has the back of the Ukrainians. Biden was in Poland recently and while Kyiv was not as secure as it is now and when asked if he was going to Kyiv he said "my people wont let me go". I doubt Churchill would have ever have uttered such words about anything, Kyiv is still not secure and I applaud Boris Johnson in his Churchillian leadership.

[Read More]

[Read More]

vpatrick
----------------------------------
nuts
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
4/9/2022 7:58:15 PM
A photo op to distract from the deep shit he´s in at home. Maybe he´s taking some of his Russian money with him or spying for his Russian oligarch mates.

Vince, I am a scouser and I survived the Hillsborough disaster. The corrupt, lying, cheating, overpriviledged, hypocrite Alexander Boris de Pfeffel "binbag full of custard" Johnson, Crime Minister of the (dis)United Kingdom and former Mayor of Londongrad, is more likely to be on my Arya Stark list than my Christmas one. If he dies one can save a lot for his funeral by giving every scouser a shovel so we can dig a hole and personally hand him over to Satan.

His visiting Kyiv is no big deal. Churchillian my backside. Last month the presidents of Slovenia and the Czech Republic were there. On Friday Ursula van der Leyen, President of the EU was there.

Trevor
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.
vpatrick
MA MA USA
4/9/2022 10:02:39 PM
Trevor,

Explain what a Scoucer is? and no clue what a Hillsborough disaster is? Sorry Im an American no clue.

vpatrick
nuts
Brian Grafton
Victoria BC Canada
4/11/2022 5:25:30 PM
VP, basically, a Scouser is a person from Liverpool, or a person with a Liverpool (actually a Liverpudlian) accent. Since Liverpool is on both banks of the Mersey River, Scousers are sometimes referred to as Mersey-siders.

The Hillsborough disaster was a terrible tragedy at a semi-final FA Cup football match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest (the two teams) in Hillsborough Stadium (in Sheffield) in 1989. Almost 100 fans were killed and over 750 injured when crowd control went south.

How do Scousers and Hillsborough survivors link to Boris Johnson? Best I can figure is an article published in 2004 in a magazine Johnson edited at the time.Quote:
Boris Johnson might be facing a court case, but most Scousers have already made their minds up about him.

The former foreign secretary will appear in court over claims he lied about by saying the UK gives £350m to the European Union during the 2016 referendum campaign.

But whatever happens with that case, the man who is odds on favourite to be the next Prime Minister is already very badly thought of in Liverpool.

That's because he was the editor of right-wing magazine The Spectator when a hugely offensive article was published , which managed to smear the entire city of Liverpool, the Hillsborough victims and their families and Ken Bigley, the Liverpool engineer murdered in Iraq in 2004 in one go.

The current affairs magazine printed an editorial in 2004 following the brutal beheading of Mr Bigley, which had shocked his home city.

Talking about the attitudes of Liverpudlians, the article added: “The extreme reaction to Mr Bigley's murder is fed by the fact that he was a Liverpudlian. Liverpool is a handsome city with a tribal sense of community.

"A combination of economic misfortune — its docks were, fundamentally, on the wrong side of England when Britain entered what is now the European Union — and an excessive predilection for welfarism have created a peculiar, and deeply unattractive, psyche among many Liverpudlians.

"They see themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it.”

The article was not written by Mr Johnson - in 2012 then Daily Mail columnist Simon Heffer admitted that he wrote it, or 'had a hand in it.'

But the former Foreign Secretary edited it and approved it for publication - and that is something people around here will never forget.

Mr Johnson apologised for the article in 2012, after the publication of the Hillsborough independent panel report.

Hope I’ve got that right.

Cheers,
Brian G

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly. "The Best Things in Life Aren't Things" Bumper sticker.
Phil Andrade
London  UK
4/11/2022 5:36:58 PM
Quote:
VP, basically, a Scouser is a person from Liverpool, or a person with a Liverpool (actually a Liverpudlian) accent. Since Liverpool is on both banks of the Mersey River, Scousers are sometimes referred to as Mersey-siders.

The Hillsborough disaster was a terrible tragedy at a semi-final FA Cup football match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest (the two teams) in Hillsborough Stadium (in Sheffield) in 1989. Almost 100 fans were killed and over 750 injured when crowd control went south.

How do Scousers and Hillsborough survivors link to Boris Johnson? Best I can figure is an article published in 2004 in a magazine Johnson edited at the time.Quote:
Boris Johnson might be facing a court case, but most Scousers have already made their minds up about him.

The former foreign secretary will appear in court over claims he lied about by saying the UK gives £350m to the European Union during the 2016 referendum campaign.

But whatever happens with that case, the man who is odds on favourite to be the next Prime Minister is already very badly thought of in Liverpool.

That's because he was the editor of right-wing magazine The Spectator when a hugely offensive article was published , which managed to smear the entire city of Liverpool, the Hillsborough victims and their families and Ken Bigley, the Liverpool engineer murdered in Iraq in 2004 in one go.

The current affairs magazine printed an editorial in 2004 following the brutal beheading of Mr Bigley, which had shocked his home city.

Talking about the attitudes of Liverpudlians, the article added: “The extreme reaction to Mr Bigley's murder is fed by the fact that he was a Liverpudlian. Liverpool is a handsome city with a tribal sense of community.

"A combination of economic misfortune — its docks were, fundamentally, on the wrong side of England when Britain entered what is now the European Union — and an excessive predilection for welfarism have created a peculiar, and deeply unattractive, psyche among many Liverpudlians.

"They see themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it.”

The article was not written by Mr Johnson - in 2012 then Daily Mail columnist Simon Heffer admitted that he wrote it, or 'had a hand in it.'

But the former Foreign Secretary edited it and approved it for publication - and that is something people around here will never forget.

Mr Johnson apologised for the article in 2012, after the publication of the Hillsborough independent panel report.

Hope I’ve got that right.

Cheers,
Brian G

That's the long and short of it, Brian. Let me add that the word Scouser derives from the name given to a kind of meat and vegetable stew traditionally enjoyed by Liverpudlians, which is known as Scouse.

Regards, Phil
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes
scoucer
Berlin  Germany
4/12/2022 8:47:16 AM
Thank you Phil and Brian for jumping in. I was having difficulty writing an explanation for Vince.

Hillsborough is something I will never forget. You think you get over it and, as you are young, you do. It is as you are older that it comes back to plague you. It is one of the things I am being treated for with PTSD. Watching that hypocritical, overprivelidged "blowbag" trying to play Churchill while awash in dirty russian money from his oligarch mates, just makes my blood boil.

I knew Ken Bigley personally. I was a schoolfriend of his younger brother Phil ( we still have occasional contact). When I visited Phil as a kid, Ken would usually be tinkering on his motorbike in the yard. Later he would take us for a ride on the back. After his brother was murdered, Phil gave up his job as a maths teacher and was one of the co-founders of Hostage UK, now Hostage International.

[Read More]

For the disaster.

[Read More]

[Read More]

This one is more for the wider issues. It very much reflects my thoughts.

[Read More]

And for "binbag" Boris

[Read More]

Make up you´re own mind.

And if you want to know what my feelings are about this specimen, I´ll let Jonathan Pie do my rant for me.

[Read More]

It is a very emotional and personal post. I hope nobody is offended.

Trevor
`Hey don´t the wars come easy and don´t the peace come hard`- Buffy Sainte-Marie Some swim with the stream. Some swim against the stream. Me - I´m stuck somewhere in the woods and can´t even find the stupid stream.
vpatrick
MA MA USA
4/12/2022 6:23:24 PM
Thanks Trevor for the explanation, I enjoyed Jonathan Pie's rant, Ill just say I find most politicians in America to be liars you just try to find the one that lies the least or the one you think lies the least at the time.

vpatrick
nuts
john hayward
Keene NH USA
4/12/2022 6:43:46 PM
Patrick
It is not the lying it is being a hypocrite over everything that bothers me. You can say or do one thing but heaven forbid the other person does the same thing. It is all about me, my rights, my opinion. Claim you support Ukraine and say the other side doesn't then vote against an aid package. I feel the politicians don't stand for anything. If they do then the other side find an excuse to use it against you. Not feeling good about anything going on right now in the world.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
vpatrick
MA MA USA
4/12/2022 6:52:40 PM
john

I agree completely Politicians seem more concerned about the party they are in and not so much about the country they are in.

vpatrick
nuts
Phil Andrade
London  UK
4/13/2022 4:23:03 PM
Talking of scousers, one of Liverpool's most famous sons, George Harrison, wrote a song in the 1960s " PIGGIES" :

.... Everywhere there's lots of piggies

Living piggy lives

You can see them out for dinner

With their piggy wives

Clutching forks and knives to eat the bacon

This has a resonance now.

One thing I know about pigs - and I spent a great part of my life dealing in them - is that all pigs - to the left, right and centre of the political spectrum - sound the same when they get their noses stuck into the trough.

Regards, Phil
"Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!" "That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress." Earl of Sandwich and John Wilkes
john hayward
Keene NH USA
4/14/2022 7:16:25 AM
I'm afraid I am not up on European politics as I should but it seems that Macron is in trouble in France for his reelection. He just back off on his language towards Putin and the possible genocide. This coming as earlier in the conflict he took an aggressive and active stance. My question is if Putin and Russia took an active role in disrupting elections here in America why can't he be doing the same thing in Europe? in France for instance?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
kaii
Oslo  Norway
4/14/2022 3:47:56 PM
Quote:
A photo op to distract from the deep shit he´s in at home. Maybe he´s taking some of his Russian money with him or spying for his Russian oligarch mates.

Vince, I am a scouser and I survived the Hillsborough disaster. The corrupt, lying, cheating, overpriviledged, hypocrite Alexander Boris de Pfeffel "binbag full of custard" Johnson, Crime Minister of the (dis)United Kingdom and former Mayor of Londongrad, is more likely to be on my Arya Stark list than my Christmas one. If he dies one can save a lot for his funeral by giving every scouser a shovel so we can dig a hole and personally hand him over to Satan.

His visiting Kyiv is no big deal. Churchillian my backside. Last month the presidents of Slovenia and the Czech Republic were there. On Friday Ursula van der Leyen, President of the EU was there.

Trevor

Brilliant!
"They tried to bury us - but did not realise that we are seeds." -Volodymyr Zelenskiy, President of Ukraine
kaii
Oslo  Norway
4/14/2022 3:58:37 PM
Quote:
I'm afraid I am not up on European politics as I should but it seems that Macron is in trouble in France for his reelection. He just back off on his language towards Putin and the possible genocide. This coming as earlier in the conflict he took an aggressive and active stance. My question is if Putin and Russia took an active role in disrupting elections here in America why can't he be doing the same thing in Europe? in France for instance?

Oh Russia is very much involved in the election in France and other European countries. In the last election Russia lent vast sums of money to the National Front (Le Pen) and there are indications that they have done so again for this election. Le Pen was forced to moderate her support for Russia in public, given current sentiments, but there is no doubt she would form an active fifth column for Putin in the middle of Europe should she win, if nothing else because she is up to her ears in debt to Russia (much like a lot of the UK conservatives). Russians misinformation is flooding France at the moment, claiming that accepting refugees from Ukraine under the collective protection directive, also means automatically accepting refugees from the middle east on the same terms, for instance.

As it stands, Macron is likely to win the second round (could be famous last words from me there...) but not by the margin he, nor the rest of Europe, would wish for.

Not that Macron is very popular around Europe, but Le Pen would be a complete disaster for anything the EU is trying to achieve and a clear win for Russia and China.

K
"They tried to bury us - but did not realise that we are seeds." -Volodymyr Zelenskiy, President of Ukraine
john hayward
Keene NH USA
4/14/2022 4:49:25 PM
K
It seems like a lot of conservative politicians around the world are up to their ears in debt to Russians. Not mentioning any names.
kaii
Oslo  Norway
4/14/2022 6:42:45 PM
yeah, perhaps with the exception of Germany where the Social Democrats appear to have done most of Russias dirty work.

K

© 2022 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC