MILITARY HISTORY ONLINE

User:  
Password:  

(1863) Battle of Gettysburg
Holcombe  UK
Hotel Recommendations
10/18/2021 12:22:02 PM
Hi

I'm at the early stages of planning a trip to the USA (from the UK) for August 2022 for my wife and son (who will be 17 by that time) and plan to take 2/3 days at Gettysburg. I was wondering if anybody could recommend any particular hotels in Gettysburg? I have been lucky enough to visit twice before but the last time was over 20 years ago and I expect that there have been a few changes since then!

Many thanks, Paul
Larry Purtell
Little Meadows PA USA
Hotel Recommendations
10/18/2021 2:25:33 PM
When traveling to Gettysburg I like to stay at Best Western hotel. The location can't be beat. All around great place to stay.
BEST WESTERN GETTYSBURG

301 STEINWEHR AVENUE , GETTYSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA 17325 855-516-1090

Best regards, Larry
----------------------------------
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.
Gregory C. White
Canton GA USA
Hotel Recommendations
10/18/2021 5:04:36 PM
Its not the Best Western, but I typically stay at the Colton Motel whenever I stay in Gettysburg.

Its on the aged side, but the price is hard to beat, and its centrally located and within walking
distance to restaurants, shopping, the national cemetery, etc. Some say its haunted, but I've
never experienced anything unusual.

Happy Travels !

Greg
“Any society which suppresses the heritage of its conquered minorities, prevent their history, and denies them their symbols, has sown the seeds of its destruction.” Sir William Wallace, 1280 A.D.
Larry Purtell
Little Meadows PA USA
Hotel Recommendations
10/18/2021 5:19:57 PM
Quote:
Its not the Best Western, but I typically stay at the Colton Motel whenever I stay in Gettysburg.

Its on the aged side, but the price is hard to beat, and its centrally located and within walking
distance to restaurants, shopping, the national cemetery, etc. Some say its haunted, but I've
never experienced anything unusual.

Happy Travels !

Greg

When traveling by myself I sometimes stay at the Colton or Budget Host. Both are older as stated but location of both is great to walk to second and third day battlefield areas.

Larry
"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good.

© 2021 - MilitaryHistoryOnline.com LLC